This is our design exploration and brainstorming phase. The starting line for any interior design project. During this phase, we learn everything about YOU. Your lifestyle, your preferences, likes and dislikes, your needs, goals, and wishes for your new space. It’s important for us to see through your eyes if we want to create something you love.
Throughout the programming process we:
• Discuss your project in detail, document all areas involved,
• Discuss your style preferences and ideas. ( We encourage you to gather tear sheets from a magazine or online sources to better communicate your ideas.)
• Conduct a site visit to measure, photograph and record existing conditions.
• Establish a preliminary budget
• Obtain, if available, a set of architectural plans from you or your architect.
SPACE PLANS & DESIGN CONCEPT
Space planning is a prerequisite of any well-designed space. We meet and talk many times throughout this phase of the project. Meetings are held with clients to discuss various elements of the design.
Throughout this phase we:
• Establish interior design concept and overall creative direction.
• Create sketches and gather tear sheets to communicate and clarify design intent.
• Create preliminary floor plans
• Select the finishes we will be using
During the design development phase, the approved design concept is refined and developed into more detailed drawings to include:
• Reflected ceiling plans
• Selection of materials and finishes
• Furniture Plans
• Selection of furniture and furnishings
FINAL DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS PHASE
Once the design plans have been approved, we will start preparing final design drawings and
This phase includes:
• Making all required changes or revisions to drawings
• Generating final drawings with all specifications
• Creating all material and finishing schedules
CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION
The final stage of the project. After all of the planning, sketching, and meetings, we finally begin construction and remodeling work on the space! We turn our concepts and pictures into the real thing. This phase of the design project can vary in length depending on the extent of the work needed.
Throughout this phase, we:
• Review drawings with the builder or general contractor that we choose
• Review all orders with clients. If required, we place orders on their behalf
• Visit job sites periodically to address any problems arising, answer any questions related to design or drawings, and ensure that the construction is proceeding in general conformity with the approved design drawings,
• Schedule and coordinate delivery and installation of wallpapers, window treatments, area rugs/carpeting, furniture, accessories, and artwork.