OUR DESIGN PROCESS
This is the project’s starting line, we gather all the information about you, your lifestyle, your preferences, likes and dislikes, your needs, goals and wishes for your new space.
• Discuss your project in detail, document all areas involved,
• Discuss your style preferences and ideas, ( We encourage you to gather tear sheets from magazine or online sources to better communicate your ideas.)
• Conduct a site visit to measure, photograph and record existing conditions.
• Establish a preliminary budget
• Obtain, if available, a set of architectural plans from you or your architect.
SPACE PLANNING & DESIGN CONCEPT
Space planning is a critical part of a well designed space and this part of the design process requires a substantial amount of communication and meetings to discuss various elements of the design.
During this phase we will…
• Establish design concept and overall design direction
• Create sketches and gather tear sheets to communicate and clarify design intention.
• Create preliminary floor plans and finishes selection
During the design development phase, the approved design concept is refined and developed into more detailed drawings to include:
• Reflected ceiling plans
• Selection of materials and finishes
• Furniture Plans
• Selection of furniture and furnishings
FINAL DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS PHASE
Once the design plans have been approved, we will start preparing final design drawings and
This phase includes…
• Making all required changes or revisions to drawings
• Generating final drawings with all specifications
• Creating all material and finishing schedules
CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION
After all the drawings and finishes schedules are completed, we start the execution of the design
plan and we proceed to …..
• Review drawings with builder, or general contractor
• Review all orders with clients, and if required, place orders on their behalf
• Visit jobsite periodically to address any problems arising, answer any questions related to design or drawings, and ensure that the construction is proceeding in general conformity with the approved design drawings,
• Schedule and coordinate delivery and installation of wallpapers, window treatments, area rugs/carpeting, furniture, accessories and artwork.